View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 01:53   Link #404
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
That's because DEF only tops out at 40 (because technically DEF 60 is full cover, and you can't fire through that), and I've already mentioned that on Classic onwards, the aliens gain frankly UNFAIR modifiers to Hit and Critical (which is supposed to be just +10 to both, but in reality is something like +40).
Apparently according to further data mining, it's not that Classic is unfair, it's that Easy and Normal are rigged in favor of the player. Classic is apparently the default setting of the game with no modifiers, while Normal gives the player invisible bonus hit chances for the player. Easy even gives players a bonus to Aim should teammates die.

Also, I don't believe in the +40 claim of modifiers, since with the minimum of Aim that all units have (around 60-65), that should amount to enemies with 100% chance to hit and critical. Yet many times I've seen enemies on Classic and Impossible miss shots that should otherwise have killed me even when flanking or in cover (my most memorable moment being when 6 Thin Men - one of the most accurate units ingame - all missed my guy behind low cover on the same turn, and two Mutons flanking him missed too). Even my men don't miss that often if they have a 95% or above chance to hit, and only enemies with innate Defense like Muton Elites or Ethereals can reduce a 100% chance to hit to something manageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Tried it and it really didn't do much. Against the heavy floaters that have almost ninja-like dodging capability my guys had a hard time hitting them with ghost armour even with cloak.

When I went back to Archangel even in warships I can still hover in the air to get the accuracy bonus and score hits on them.

Another problem is I have this on PS3 so I can't mod.
Ghost Armor works best on Assaults with Scatter Lasers or Alloy Cannons. Cloaking allows you to get close for 100% accuracy, the +20 Defense means you don't need to get into low cover, and firing out of cloak gives you a +100% Critical Hit Chance meaning you deal maximum damage everytime, even against Hardened enemies. Ghost Armor is seriously OP ingame, though after everything the enemy can throw at you a little reprieve is just fair.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote