View Single Post
Old 2007-07-13, 04:43   Link #106
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
2)Countries have been left blank, especially Russia, since I couldn't decide whether it'd fall under the EU or Chinese Federation, neither of whom, in real or AU history, it'd likely submit to. Since there's no official confirmation that says the world contains only three political entities (an unlikely scenario itself), I thought Russia might still remain independent but far less influential. Other regions not affiliated with one of the big three include parts of the middle east, central asia, and Africa.
I agree that there is a fundamental difficulty in believing that Russia could have been controlled/taken over by the Chinese. But I find it equally unlikely for a country of that size and rich in resources to not be influential.

Fact of the matter is, Sunrise likely intentionally removed Russia all together from the equation because they wanted to simplify the politics in the show. In particular, they needed an united front in Asia that could stop Britannia dead in its tracks at a stalemate.

If Russians exist in Code Geass, they would be mentioned by now. And if they were too weak to matter, then they would have been absorbed by CF or Britannia already. Anyway, could a weak Russia really be considered Russia?

(And look at how big a chunk of land you gave Russia! At least if you fragment the landmass into smaller nations, I could almost believe they were weak and unimportant... Russia as a piece of land is rich in resources, and in such a war-like time there is no way it could have not being invaded by somebody)