View Single Post
Old 2008-03-09, 19:20   Link #1106
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NejinOniwa View Post
I didn't say anything about my opinions on this, I just reminded you that you'd drifted off-topic. -.-
Anyway. We have to consider the suspect and the victim, here. I think it'd be best to either use the same knife as in the original, OR: Here's an idea - use some decorative short sword thing and let Kyon-ko have freaky flashbacks to Asakura's assaulting her. Now THAT's impact. _W_
I suppose I'm more conservative in that regard. I don't think things should deviate from the original novel unless they are explicitly related to the main departure theme of the work in question (I.E. the Genderbent).

I just have a hard time seeing how some characters using swords is related to the Gender switch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If you've seen the doujin, you'll know it's not a katana, it's a wakizashi (or something similar), which is smaller.

He could easily conceal it in a sheath under his blazer.
I just looked at the doujinshi, and the sword in question looks way to long to be a Wakizashi

Spoiler for image:

The blade itself looks way over a foot, and once you get something that size, being able to hide it in a manner that would still allow you to whip it out very quickly seems impossible.

Although it could be written that he only uses a 12 inch Wakizashi, a knife like that isn't exactly very concealable compared to the a 6 inch combat knife.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2008-03-09 at 19:31.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote