View Single Post
Old 2013-02-20, 20:43   Link #253
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
The appeal for me is that the group is composed of experts from a wide diversity of backgrounds and disciplines, not to mention some visionaries with a brand new ways of looking at things. Well, if that still doesn't strike you as any good, then I won't force you.
You are describing an ordinary government. What, you don't think a nation's leaders hire experts?

Seriously though, what do you think the governments in real life do all day? You think they don't hire experts from a diverse background? And had wannabe visionaries?

The people in Sybil are PEOPLE. They are not superhuman. There is no reason to claim the people selected by Sybil are superior to what would normally be hired in government positions. Because the selectors are human, it means it is no different from real life job interviews and vetting processes.

Quite aside from the fact that they hire literal psychos, there is no evidence it is even that efficient. The only thing they had to speed things up is absolute power, which any run of the mill despot had too.