View Single Post
Old 2010-07-02, 16:46   Link #1142
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
you know what??? google rationalization. period. stop. then reread the posts on the previous page. makes sense now? no? ok. i'll try.
lucy has a reason for mass murder and that was her upbringing. surrounded by cruel humans she could not NOT become cruel herself.when humans hunt you, you hunt them. simple. lucy uses a defense mechanism to lessen the burden on her conscience and that is the assumption that "if its human, its not considered worth living, cause they are cruel motherfuckers". basically anyone could justify anything through rationalization. and the funny part is that noone can prove its just rationalization. cause maybe its the true nature/mechanism of the world/society. the fact that the MAJORITY thinks this and does that(oh, killing is bad) proves shit. read "sane society" by Fromm, you'll be amazed.
sorry, have you been in a situation when you wanted to cripple your friends???
have you been in a situation when you wanted to die?
no? well, all the less chances you will understand what real life could be like. cause i've been in those situations. and even in an anime it can be no joke. put yourself in lucy's shoes. and dont go saying you wont kill, i will and gladly too.and i'm not even ashamed given the circumstances.
you can only scream mass murder from the safety of your house on the internet. (that and a happy familly, etc) (lucy had none of those...)
Arbitres
you did not get the point at all. you can get mad at me all you want, but better read a dozen reviews on the internet by famous reviewers.
as i said, this anime is against racism and discrimination. the murder part is there to point out the consequences that said discrimination can lead to. plus to all that, this anime goes into the psyche of a victim of an extreme discrimination. sorry if its not the usual "ah, i'm so sad, feel sorry for me, i cant do shit about it" drama. here, the victim copes with virtue to be envious of. and above all she changes herself, admitting she was wrong in murdering innocent ppl. what the fuck is wrong with admitting your mistakes?!! murderers can have an 2nd life you know. everyone can change themselves. even the church backs this up (well that was a weak arguement, but still)
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!

Last edited by idiffer; 2010-07-02 at 17:13.