View Single Post
Old 2012-12-09, 17:23   Link #107
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I witnessed several cases due to my job...
Not quite the same as living in the situation day and night for years and years.

Quote:
Furthermore, I feel it is extremely dubious and misplaced to think that Rikka's mother shows up "as if nothing happened": your premise is faulty from the get go, since she actually feel Rikka doesn't want to see her even now, despite the problem lies -elsewhere-.
Like you, me, and everyone else who watched the episode, Rikka's mom did not know how Rikka would have reacted to her. You and many other people here seem to assume the same thing as Rikka's mom, that Rikka would act in a negative fashion. Nonetheless, she did not give Rikka, or herself, the chance to find out. If you are as well acquainted to these sorts of situations as you claim to be, then you should also realize that, although you may think you may be able to predict what would happen, there is always the chance that you will be wrong, and things will not work out as you imagine. Just like it appears that Rikka has had a change of heart at the end of the episode (one in which probably no on here expected so soon), she very well could have broken down and welcomed the return of her mom. Who knows? I don't. We weren't given the chance to find out.