View Single Post
Old 2012-08-16, 14:03   Link #270
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopo View Post
I suppose you can argue that helping Klein would have been more dangerous than going after the PK guild. However, a lack of information makes it difficult to contest whether or not the difference in danger is really all that important. For example, we're told that in the first month 2000 people died, but we don't know how many of those were due to carelessness, suicide, outside intervention, or PKing, the last point being the main source of danger. If a majority of those deaths were due to PKing, then there would be a cause for concern, but we don't know this. If otherwise, then the only real loss here is time, which is a sacrifice made in both scenarios we're comparing.

In addition, Kirito wasn't labelled as a beater back then so there was less danger of being PKed. In episode four however, that danger is ever looming so time taken away from grinding may be even more precious than it was back then.
I don't think PKing was a problem yet. Not a major one. The problems were, quite simply, the inability to adapt to the situation (whether that meant suicide or the kind of carelessness you see in games), and the lack of information. The game was completely new, and a small mistake could be deadly.

And it's easy to see how helping Klein was dangerous, but going after Titan's hand wasn't. He wasn't without info on the latter's members, so he could judge his level sufficient. But at the beginning, they were all low level players. They hadn't been able to overlevel the way they would afterward, so he had very little margin to start with.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote