View Single Post
Old 2010-03-12, 06:10   Link #6059
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
For those of you that dislike Athena and say she's never sacrificed anything, I'll translate this single page:
*feels this arrow in his back* Ow

Give me time to read the chapter first at least. But you'll remember that I said _before_ it happened that my opinion on Athena will be shaped by how she'll deal with the Nagi dilemma. And I said that if she genuinely releases Hayate to do his duty, she'll rise in my personal ranking quite a lot. This _is_ a major sacrifice, without a doubt.

I can understand your disappointment, but - for what little it's worth - having Athena leave now in this noble way actually _increases_ her end-run chances in my book. Because she remains as Hayate's "Suki na hito", even if he now proceeds to take care of Nagi. Had Athena made a grab for Hayate and thus implicitly positioned herself _against_ Nagi, I doubt that she would have stood a real chance in the long run. This way, she retains her special position and gains major karma points.

So, even if you do decide to phase out with Athena, I'd keep an eye on the progress anyway. If it happens the way it's indicated, we won't have seen the last of her.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote