Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-05, 07:05   Link #13454
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I actually had exepcted her mom to be more like her real self, not the outer one... I guess there might be some connection as to why she does look like her mother when she has rosalio.
Tbh, I actually think both halves of Moka are her real self, just two different split aspects of the real her, otherwise don't you think I.Moka would be more resentful and less accepting of O.Moka? You really think she'd be happy about being overridden by a fake?

If O.Moka and Moka's mum look almost identical, I'd say it adds further fuel to the fire on the debate, on the side that O.Moka is actually just the less vampiric side of Moka's whole nature, whereas I.Moka is (or at least was, seeing as she seems to be becoming more like O.Moka slowly) the more vampiric side of her nature. With an upbringing that favoured strength and power as the only way to gain respect from her family (as seen in memories of Kokoa's childhood), it'd be quite easy for Moka to become hardened/more predatory due to her upbringing, even if the more human, compassionate side of her personality still existed, but was repressed or hidden because that was the only way to win acceptance.

This could also be paralleled with Tsukune nowadays, his eyes are much like O.Moka's when hes in 'everyday mode', when he kicks in to vampire hybrid mode suddenly his eyes go catlike, just like I.Moka's. Tsukune's hair also goes silver in this mode, so its possibly just a more vampiric trait rather than related to Moka's dad (who Im guessing is who everyone is refering to as Daddy Starbucks...guessing thats an american reference ).

Its likely if Moka's two personalities re-merge into a True Moka, she may retain appearance aspects of both, same with Tsukune when he learns to control his vampiric nature or hits a certain level of power.
(Cat eyes or vampiric fangs would certainly make him a little more accepted in the Youkai world haha, and he can wear contact lenses to hide it in the human world!)
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-05 at 09:02.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote