View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 19:24   Link #10117
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
You're judging her based on things an actual person would do. This a manga, this is Medaka. She's anything but regular.
And according to her, she's not betting on anyone's lives. To her, there's a 100% chance of success. She is so confident in herself, that she knows she'll win,
so there's no need to worry. Taking that into consideration, why shouldn't she be reckless with these kinds of decisions?

The way she sees it, either Ajimu or herself can end this completely. In such a case, she wants to be the one to do it, because of her pride and love for Zenkichi.
It's kinda petty in a way. But she hasn't been given a reason to doubt her abilities, with her kind of conviction such a thing was to be expected.
Which is why I'm confused why people are getting all riled up.
It's the obviously logical discrepany that she knows Aijimu could do it for certain with a higher percentage of success than she can for obvious reasons. It's my poker example again it's the difference between betting a family members life on 3 aces regardless how lucky you are and choosing not to bet there life at all or practically not. Fact of the matter is what she's doing is riskier than Aijimu's method. Why is she taking that risk, pride. That in itself he fucked up.

You shouldn't be taking that risk regardless how small on someone elses life. It's not even like said person was given a choice in this. Manga logic or not it's messed up regardless how u look at it.

It's not even like she's never lost before. She lost to Zenkichi.

I'm not saying these her actual reasons they probably aren't but if the current situation doesn't really change then she's being extremely dodgy.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote