View Single Post
Old 2007-07-02, 05:22   Link #2
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I can try to install it, but my Azureus is still version 2.5.04 unlike 3.0 in the describtion. What does it do anyway?
It has filters where green² put some anime name, so it may be some kind of search tool?

Edit:
Ok, i tried and heres what happened:
I chose scaneRSS from the list to install. After that clicked through the dialoge until the last part, where it says something like "chosen plugin is being installed, please have patience, click on the left for a statusbar" (rough translation from german). There is no statusbar on the left and nowhere to click though.
It doesnt get installed.
The only thing it does is creating a folder named "scanerss" in the plugin directory (in XP).
That folder is empty though.

I guess there must be some problem with getting the files from sourceforge. Maybe they changed something and didnt update the list?

@ your problem:
I dont see how the log would keep you from installing it manually. I cant figure out from your post, but where is that log in the linux filesystem?
Anyway, if Azureus does the same in linux as it does in XP here, you would have to find that new folder it created, named "scanerss" and delete it. I dont have any idea where it would be in linux though. Try a search all over root, maybe it put it in some weird location.

Edit#2:
After deleting the folder it created during the first, unsuccessful install, I could install it manually from the .jar file from sourceforge.
Now... what is it good for?
I have entered animesuki and baka-updates rss-feeds. They get listed right there and get updated too. So I can see the newest feed-headlines (=torren names) but when I click them, nothing happenes. :/

Last edited by Dhomochevsky; 2007-07-02 at 06:42.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote