View Single Post
Old 2010-07-15, 00:05   Link #85
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer63 View Post

The problem is that melee has some serious disadvantages. For starters, it DOES put you directly in contact with zombies and one wrong move will spell your death. In addition, true melee weapons like on Deadliest Warrior aren't all that common. Those are weapons designed to crush skulls and are used by very powerful warriors. While plenty of objects can be used to lethal effect, they won't hold up or necessarily give the one-shot kills of those weapons. Nor is the average person going to be strong enough to consistently pull off those kills. Its why training is one of the most vital things you do to prepare for zombies.
you ar right about the kind of weapons used, i was was useing the show to help discribe the effect i wanted to point out. the effect i noticed was that in some tests the skull was heald to gether by the skin, you see the effect to some degree when they used sniper rifles on bullistics heads, the damage wasn't big at first glance, but the high speed showd the "skin" expand to double the size of the head then come back and hold the skull together, that my point, normal heathy human skinn hold the skull together better that rotting fleash, so melle will do damage to a zombie than a human.