View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 18:11   Link #1167
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
No offense, but... why the heck would this be surprising to you? Sayaka has been doing terrible in ISML, and believe me, it pains me to say that so it's no exaggeration. I'm pretty sure this is her first 1st place finish in any ISML match. If anything, her finally winning is cause for celebration for her fans. Please don't rain on our parade.
It's not just Sayaka anyway. Puella Magi girls has not been doing good at all overall...

I mean...
Homura - got by Iri by 400 votes (and Shoko by 600). But you have to consider that Iri barely got by Kanon, who finished 3rd in Round 1 (Okay, it's against Niku and Inori, so it's within expectation) and then 3rd in Seeding (behind Erio and Shoko). Not exactly a strong performance by Homura if you want to go there. True, she's 3rd seed overall in Nova, but there's also clear split vote during Seeding...

Madoka - Hard to tell in Round 1 since there's a split b/t her and Kyoko. But finished 3rd in Seeding (behind Inori is one thing, behind Honma, who finished 4th in Round 2, is another thing...). In Round 2 got beaten by (Shiomiya) Ayase of all girl...

Kyoko - Won against Madoka, top her seeding group only b/c her opponents are weak (Fear finish 3rd in Round 2 behind Subaru and Shiori, neither of which are that strong. Misaki is 5th in her group in Round 2). Close match in Round 2 but her opponents are Himeji (Lose to Subaru in Round 1, got 2nd in Seeding in a weak group) and Haruna (4th in Round 1...okay it's a strong group but come on..., then 3rd in Seeding...), and she can't beat either.

Mami - Don't get me started...4th in a weak group in Round 1, 4th in a weak group in Seeding, then 4th again in yet another weak group...

Sayaka - 5th in Round 1, next to last in Seeding (Okay, there's a split, but still), and why would one be surprised at how she barely got by some zakos to win her first match, to finish 7th in Round 2, that is...

The future for the mahou shoujos are grimmer than their future in the anime...

Quote:
We are up to 7 HanaKana girls now. She's past Kugimiya now I think.
Well, too bad it does end there, I don't see any remaining HanaKana girl having a chance...

I mean, remaining HanaKana girls...
Mayuri - 5th in her group
Mikan - 4th in her group...so she may get by.
(Shiomiya) Ayase - 3rd in her group. I don't see her as strong, though
(Hanato) Kobato - 8th in her group
(EDIT: Minato Tomoka - 5th in her group <- How in the world do I miss her when she's actually someone that I vote for over and over again...)

Last edited by ion475; 2012-03-29 at 19:44.