View Single Post
Old 2011-04-29, 09:46   Link #1759
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... So, am I getting paid to stop that missile?

More seriously, I wouldn't hesitate: I'd hand those keys over to someone more heroically inclined.
If you have that option sure if you don't like to take responsibility.

Quote:
Butei are mercenaries, not super-heroes. If he doesn't like the money that much, there's no reason for him to risk his life.

Two points:
- Kinji in Hysteria mode is good. Very good. But very, very far from the best.
- Does it really matter how good you are? We either all have a duty to completely neglect our own happiness and serve the collective (or, as it happens, the overbearing loli) without hope of reward, or none of us do.
Then he'll be another kind of scum if he require incentive to move, money or otherwise.

And Yes skill matters obviously, that's the whole point. did you think Aria would bother with an average Joe? Kinji is said to have a very high skill level, not by just her but everybody in his former division.

It seems in the end you and I have a different way of seeing things; while I agree that one must take care of himself first, I also admit that it's an ugly thing.

Quote:
Aria, as someone who tried to take over his life without any kind of compensation, as though he existed only for her, has no right to talk about selfishness.
Again, both of them are equally at fault for not coming clean in the first place.

I don't know what Aria needs Kinji for, but I understand desperation even if you have to complicate others.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote