View Single Post
Old 2011-06-04, 05:24   Link #4902
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Here's a question from me, for once, directed at anyone with background in physical-fitness training.

What other kinds of exercise would provide exertion equivalent to running 5km to 10km (3 miles to 6 miles) in 30min or less?

I'm asking because I'm embarking on what is for me a fairly challenging regimen of running (15km) and stair-climbing (three sets of climbing up and down 25 floors with an 8kg/18 pounds load) exercises every week, on top of gym sessions to come. The strain on my legs is getting considerable, and I'm beginning to feel old injuries in my right calf and left knee acting up again. So, if possible, I'd like to switch to another drill that wouldn't further impact my leg muscles over the week, while still getting sufficient aerobic-fitness training.

For example, if I were to swim instead, how many laps would I have to do roughly?
Here is how I trained for the 21km AHM before a pretty lady removed part of my leg muscle :

Run in graduation, train stamina first - the most basic being cutting 2.4km to 9.40 and below. If you can't do that, don't run anything more, just give up because you're going to kill yourself. Then add 1.2km by 1.2km each time, adding 5 minutes to the first 1.2km added, 7 min to the next 1.2km added after consistently.

If you are in the gym, aim for cardio workout. I never went to the gym to train before because I don't think I needed it. But I constantly went swimming right after I finish my regime run, on a 2x per day basis every weekend. 30 mins of non-stop swimming, then resting for awhile before gauging my lungs by diving underwater at the deep end, and seeing how far I can reach before coming up for air.

And finally, I walked every opportunity I can, most of the time alighting 2-3 stops before reaching my house and walking all the way home, before going out for a jog.

One weird thing I did is that I kept reducing my sleep hours on weekends so as to tire myself out and make my body get used to physical exhaustion.....I was told that it is incredibly dangerous as it can cause permanent brain damage.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote