View Single Post
Old 2019-01-13, 02:39   Link #6803
Shippuu
┐(-。ー')┌

It would bother my quite a bit if Ialda is saved in this timeline but not in the golden ending even though Negi and Asuna of all people would save her if it was possible. I suppose they didn't have enough time to gather information in the happy end timeline, but it feels like Ken would be pushing his plan a bit too hard, ignoring reality in the process.
For instance in UQ Holder Negi finds out that Ialda feeds on humanity's suffering in the world (just Earth or the entire solar system?) and that Ialda's main body possesses an asteroid where her main base is located. This seems to be pretty obvious and standard information and should've been known by Fate (especially considering he has the memories of his predecessor) yet as the happy end final battle demonstrates they clearly had no idea about any of this and it somehow took them 21 years to find out this information.

The Resonance itself is also very vague. It seems to be an empathic ability which somehow lets Ialda convert the world's suffering into energy.
But when the Negimaker drops by during the loli race Touta seemingly identifies the billions of dead inside Ialda as not only her actual source of power, but also her true form (it doesn't help that every time her "true form" appears it looks different. A mass of dead, the small angel form, the big angel form and the main body is a mass of black mud. It seems odd for Ken to be so blatantly inconsistent in the span of only a few chapters.)
I'm even entertaining the thought that Ialda's true form actually is the army of dead, just like a Noble's true form is a mass of magical beasts. How that works? Who knows.
Is it empathy? Is it an army of dead? You'd think one of them would provide enough power. Maybe both of them are actually inextricably linked and ultimately amount to the same thing.
I think there is a clue somewhere in Sayoko's arc and it was arguably its main point rather than Santa's introduction. Sayoko had her own army and was also plagued by the suffering that floods the world, but her pain seemingly came from the spirits she had inside her derived through necromancy rather than an empathic ability. Touta interestingly calls the dead inside Ialda the same curse as Sayoko's and he's referring to the dead, not the Resonance itself even though he already knew about it at this point. How are they related? Although never shown it might've been possible that Sayoko had the Resonance as well, which is why Albireo was so interest in her.

I'm also wondering where all these dead come from. Did Sayoko and Ialda just pick them up in the material world because they couldn't move on to the afterlife due to having died with grudges or can they just summon them by the billions from the afterlife through necromancy? The afterlife must have shit security in this setting.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote