View Single Post
Old 2011-07-05, 21:17   Link #211
Sokolov

I honestly cannot believe that she could have made that wish if she didn't believe she could actually pull it off. She clearly knew the wish she'd make - it didn't come after the contract, in fact, it was needed for her to make the wish she did in the first place.

And to me, the wish she made is a direct manifestation of her confidence. The contract, at that point, was just a technicality; and whatever had to be done, she would do. Knowing how to do something, and having the conviction to actually go through with it are different things, and believing that she can accomplish something that miraculous, is a statement in itself.

I believe she decided on that wish before she left the shelter. The conversation she has with her mother showed us the true Madoka revealing herself in this timeline. And, after arriving at Homura's side, it was basically the same scene we saw in Timeline One where Magical Girl Madoka told Normal Homura she had to go. The difference is that this time, Normal Madoka was telling Magical Girl Homura that while not a Magical Girl, and having never been one in that timeline. I am not sure if the juxtaposition was intentional, but for me it clearly shows that Madoka's conviction came from herself this time.

(Feel free to continue the discussion, or we can just agree to disagree too!)

Last edited by Sokolov; 2011-07-05 at 23:56.
Sokolov is offline   Reply With Quote