View Single Post
Old 2011-12-29, 00:07   Link #199
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Probably the closest thing to a decent episode I've seen since episode 02, but alas it succumbed to it's usual tendencies before long. It really started off good with an amusing scene in the library between Araragi and Monkey and then followed up with some honest to god plot relevant dialogue for a solid 4 minutes and we got to learn about her deal with the monkey paw, but then as always it went back to the nonsensical random dialogue that I swear to god just seems to be about making sure the viewer knows exactly what each character particular quirk/appeal is supposed to be. Why this show has to be this blatant about marketing it's characters I don't understand. Like I get it, girls have boobs, Monkey is the tomboy/lesbian character and she's targetted towards people that like tomboy characters, we really don't need to spend close to half an episode making this apparent because it's already crystal clear from the moment she says it. Everyone loves Hitagi, got it, could we not move on?

The scene at the end sort of salvaged the episode because again it's something plot relevant that doesn't have to do with just putting the character of the arc on display for marketing purposes.

In spite of all of this it's the most decent episode I've seen in a while, but man I'm almost halfway through and still absolutely loathing these characters. They just continue to feel like products to me and even though they're all bizarre and unusual and quirky in some way I still really don't find them endearing for that reason. Oh well at least Monkey is the least offensive archetype that's portrayed so far so I guess that's the best praise I can give this episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote