View Single Post
Old 2013-05-18, 15:57   Link #31
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Eren spent the entire first half of that episode inspiring a bunch of guys who had given up before the fight had even started. He even stopped Mikasa from having a panic attack then and there.

Eren is the only reason any of the recruits even got as far as they did. Mikasa also went against orders to go to the front-line simply because she was worried about Eren, thus forcing herself into a fight or die situation, where she fully intended to die once she heard Eren had.

Luck is the only thing that saved Mikasa, and the fact Eren's mentality was so strongly ingrained in her she acted on it subconsciously.

Notice how Mikasa spent half the episode parroting Eren's words to people? It isn't because she was handling the situation well, it was because she is clinging to the only thing she had left, her memories of Eren.

Heck, the end of the last episode even had Mikasa saying "as long as Eren is with me, I can do anything." There is also a good reason that Arwin scolded her for basically going off to die when she had effectively claimed responsibility of the lives of everyone there, what she did was technically even worse then what Eren had.

I love Mikasa, she is my favorite character, but people will kiss the ground she walks on for doing the exact same they condemn Eren for, and that bugs me.