View Single Post
Old 2009-08-01, 05:26   Link #958
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
So that's it then? Well, then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. However, I do agree that, comparatively speaking, she did have quite an impact on the plot, at least while she was alive. I think she was very well handled in the first season, what with her own little sub-arc and all that, but after her death in R2 I think her character was pretty much forgotten and all that development pretty much wasted. I think the extent to her impact on the plot after her death was limited to the cult massacre and a few mentions thereafter which really weren't specifically about just her anyway. And that's really what I'm talking about is to what end her death served, and I don't buy the whole "one step in a chain of events" deal, nor I do particularly buy the "hating geass" deal. But if that's where we stand, then so be it.

All of which makes Season One quite different from Season Two. Remember, that before the timeslot change, Code Geass R2 was to have picked up the story from where Stage 25 of Season One left off. Instead, it takes place one year later because the entire first half of Season Two was somewhat of a reintroduction of Season One. So a lot of recycled ideas of the First Season was used extensively with the Ashford Scenes. Thus, Shirley x Lelouch relationship was reset.

While Shirley and Lelouch are now DEAD, it might be possible to see another Code Geass series that takes place in an alternate universe, where the original story continues from where Stage 25 left off with Lelouch defeating Suzaku and confronting the Emperor. Regardless as to how it ends, I still would like to see this version of Code Geass R2 see the light of day in the format that was geared at the latenight audience, and a very different ending to the story.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote