View Single Post
Old 2010-01-05, 20:31   Link #6579
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I completely agree with morbosfist on this.
Just because Nunnally came first for Lelouch, doesn't mean everything else wasn't important to him. It just wasn't as important.
It's not right, but understandable, and the people he was disappointing never had any chance at all before he showed up.
doesn't mean he can just throw everything they spent years fighting for aside

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Just not important enough, eh? Just like it wasn't important enough to Ohgi when he deliberately went to get himself shot by the enemy? Just like it wasn't important enough for Suzaku when even the most flimsy excuse to die came up? See? Don't go singling out Lelouch for his behavior, it's hardly unique.

Again, needless overemphasizing of the negative. You think they didn't try to protect those they loved, that they said "looks like my friend's gonna die, his fault"? Please. So what if they've been doing it longer? They sucked at it. Lelouch put just as much effort into into their cause, and he was better at it. For a more recent example, the entire Black Knights sans Diethard, the most pragmatic of them all, was willing to risk everything just to save Kallen. Your attempt to characterize Lelouch as uncommitted to the cause would necessitate labeling the entire army as such.
season 1 lelouch cares only about nunnaly
full stop
the moment she reveals that she has her own plans, he has a heroic BSOD and almost quites completely since he's no longer needed
japan is still under occupation, its people still suffer
but none of that relates to lelouch anymore, since he's involvement in the japanese liberation cause is entirely dependent on a different cause
up until ep 7 of season 2, lelouch is entirely focused on nunnaly
he says it himself in ep 6, that the OOBK and zero, exist solely for nunnaly's sake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Uh-huh. And they realized all this in five seconds, I'm sure.
Lelouch was planning to achieve what he promised, even if he had other goals besides, and even if he was manipulative about it.

But I think I'll leave it at that. To you, Lelouch is an evil prick with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. To me, he's, at the very least, as much a hero as he is a villain, and I certainly think he's an awesome character. Hell, I even like the ending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Which would be fine if they had made even a token effort to confirm that. They did not. Ohgi was whipped coming in and the others followed along like lost puppies because of some pretty pictures. Their behavior isn't rational, it's scapegoating in the absence of anything else to blame for their colossal failure.
am i the only one who thinks the fact that he caused euphie to massacre japanese people for his own political gain is something for which the OOBK are REASONABLE for turning on him ?
are you REALLY under the impression that none of the things that he DID were good reasons ?