View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 18:36   Link #7703
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I won't say using power to blackmail someone with an only item to help restore your former self is irresponsibly usage of power. It was not used for fun nor was it used to play around, but it was 'correctly' used to achieve a purpose.
I will state again, we have been given nothing that says that Hinagiku and the blade's presence is necessary for Alice to regain anything at this point. She willingly gave up an opportunity to cause more anguish for Hinagiku and thus increase her power, for what seems like no viable reason. She seems to be doing so simply for her own pleasures, making Hinagiku nothing more than a toy in her hand.

Quote:
Nagi said something along the line that Mikado made a company bankrupted for making him mad (the chapter where she visited him). I have no doubt that he blackmailed many before with his power/wealth.
Athena's father or mother could be as manipulative as Mikado. How I wish to know more about them.
Mikado used the power he had for his own gain, not for power/wealth.
Athena recovered the family fortune of the Tennos from the Sanzenin family, likely using the same methods used in first gaining the money, so being a simple inheritor simply doesn't work.

If Nagi were to have inherited the Sanzenin fortune, wouldn't you agree that on first glance, you would make the statement of belief that she had acquired the money herself, and thus used the same methods, even though she hasn't shown a tenancy for blackmail herself?

Quote:
I said "generally" manipulation is used for personal gain. In Miki's case, it was for her enjoyment when making fun of others through manipulation which could be said as an act of immaturity.
Miki probably gained and used her skills as a manipulator on others, but when she found Hinagiku such a fun target, focused her abilities on the single target. Her manipulations are for others, which would make her an 'emotionally mature' manipulator, she has also been shown to be clear and concise about her feelings.
Athena is using the manipulation of others for her own benefit, thus leaving her open to the 'emotionally immature' tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Would make her "I'm still a fresh 17-year old" statements all the more ironic, huh?
Actually, I see her berserk button being her 'I'm still a fresh 17-year old' as possible proof that she somehow knows that she's not actually 17, but being unsure of her actual age, she goes according to that because that's all she's able to keep track of.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote