View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 15:05   Link #325
Slayerx

The last episode of Avengers EMH was great. Not only did it set us up for the kree and the skrulls, it did well in how it portrayed Ms.Marvel. And not only did she get her first really significant role in a serious animated series, but this episode is also the animation debut of S.W.O.R.D. which was also handled very well as Agent Brand is a real scene stealer

However, even though Avengers finally got to adding Ms.Marvel to the team it seems like Avengers EMH won't get the chance to show case more female character. Word through the grape vine is that we should not expect to see a season 3. Jeph Loeb is now head Marvel animation studios and since taking over production rumor has been spreading that he plans to end Avengers EMH and start up a new Avengers series... It mostly comes from unnamed though reliable sources, but interviews with Loeb himself result in him refusing to confirm nor deny season 3 which i see as a bad sign; sure he says they are committed to the avengers but that doesn't necessarily mean EMH.

Also it seems he wants avengers to be in continuity with ultimate spiderman (which i have found to be pretty bad so for)... this might further support the idea of a new series considering how EMH already has some continuity issues with USM; most notably being Luke Cage and Iron Fist

Furtharmore, he wants episodes to be individualized and not tell multi-part stories. So don't expect multi-part stories from either Ultimate spiderman, the next avengers series, or even the second half of EMH (he took over after the first 13 episodes of season 2 were produced)... Also i don't think Chris Yost or Joshua Fine, the ones he gave us EMH will be involved in the avengers future calling even the writing into question

Some of this has yet to be officially confirmed, but i'm loosing my optimism over future marvel animation.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2012-04-26 at 15:26.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote