View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 22:30   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Really, it isn't necessary for him to have conquered the New World like Rayleigh. I just see him as someone who's experienced enough of the Grand Line to have gained a lot of strength and wisdom, hence my assessment of him as a "mentor". I mean, what else would you call someone who was one of the most senior members of the Sun Pirates and served as warlord for the WG for several years? A warlord who was a devoted ally of Whitebeard, at that? I guess I'm just saying that I basically see Jinbei as the OP equivalent of Obi-Wan Kenobi (minus being a ghost, that is ).
In that case, I absolutely agree with you. Indeed, Jimbei does have an abundance of knowledge/experience, the likes of which the strawhats have yet to achieve. He's considerably ahead of them in that department, so "mentor" is an appropriate title in that aspect. But even so, I don't think this advantage limits his chances of joining very much. Brooke, to a lesser extent, was also in the same shoes as Jimbei, in that he already had a previous career as a pirate and yet he still joined the crew.