View Single Post
Old 2006-07-19, 16:53   Link #101
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Wow an actual response that furthers the debate...Imagine that....Given DESTINYs unrivaled speed in this area, an attack utilizing WoL at it's full potential could be amazing(Obviously grunts can't really be counted since GSD grunts rank as the worst in Gundam)....The speed factor plus the image factor could be nearly unstoppable (Not that it would work on everyone, but couldn't it be tried?)...I'm not sure if just because you read MC emissions that you can hit it...I mean it still has an unpredictable element to it...I don't think it was ever used to the max...While it's an illusionary effect, to those who don't and probably wouldn't use any sensors when facing it for the first time why isn't it more effective?? Because Kira is Kira is the easy answer...because Shinn is an idiot pilot is even easier...But when it comes to dodging beam sprays (like the ones in Final Plus) that technique should be even better I think...If it's capable of doing just 1% of what F-91 can do it could have showcased that particular skill much better (But I will admit dodging Kira's dragoons and beam sprays only using it minimally is somewhat impressive, I can't expect Shinn to dodge what seems like 10,000 shots and still dodge a railgun aswell)...The science is as such a joke if a technique that drains your energy like WoL after-images is that futile of a technique...Again if this should be a pretty viable technique...Is S-F WoL draining his nuclear reactor?? Obviously not since it's just mascara...I know it's hard to stop throwing perfect spirals with these nerf footballs but it's all a bit unsettling to me...
After thinking about it some more, they don't seem to produce that many images anyway. Probably about 5 at most at the same time, and they don't last long enough. It's kind of like the way mouse pointer trails would act, basically the real object would always be ahead of its images. So that's probably why they would not be as effective as they could be against above average opponents. So, as I think someone said earlier, the best way for Destiny to fully utilize its after image is to backtrack once in a while. Then again, seeing as how Destiny is used mainly as a melee fighter, Destiny would have to close in to deal some effective damage. This means what the opponent would have to do is keep up with the lead image. With a good pilot and a fast enough mobile suit with a good mid-long range arsenal (like Strike Freedom) or a good close range armaments (like Infinite Justice), they could at least somewhat keep up with Destiny's movement.

And as for the real topic of this thread, Strike Freedom's WoL: Well, like I said before, it does more on the looks department than anything else since Strike Freedom does fine without it.