View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 08:04   Link #13
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The petition wouldn't actually prevent them from posting; it just encourages them to post in appropriate sections.
It's unnecessary complexity, especially if it's a one thread only series. For subforum series, they can move it to general discussion,
Quote:
The problem with the current rules is that they are so slow to take effect that the thread has already derailed into meta and or some other problems. And even after the moderators have intervened the drama is still there. Also as described in the petition when problems are fixed after the fact it usually leads to the entire dicussion being destroyed in the process. So for example you can't talk AT ALL about the "childish" animation in the Gundam AGE threads because some people went out of their way to make it the end of the word. And to clarify, what I mean by talk is mostly teas or joke about it; you can't do that with out fearing getting banned by a mod misinterpretting it.

The current way is to completely censor a thread.
The proposed way is to redirect it from the start so there's never a issue.
But it doesn't matter, because either way the discussion has spun out of control because people are already raging. If the mods are slower to act, then this just won't help matters. Not that they react slow anyways. And you can't just cordon off the criticism in isolation-- especially if it's a critical part to one's criticism of the series. Isolating and segregating said complaints to protect the casual's eyes seems unnecessary for me.

And they already move posts to the needed places, anyways.

My point is that the rules work fine if they are enforced, already.

Quote:
Or they could just post in their own thread, so as per the petition they wouldn't be addressing mostly people who disagree with them; which seems to be the intention of some of them: intentionally stirring up a debate.
Nah, I think the Ignore list is a sufficient feature. And I do not think a lot of people are being malicious. Well some are, but that's a case by case basis. But that's the beauty of ignore list! You can censor whoever you want, and that idiot can still say whatever he likes!

I'm firmly of the opinion that if posts like that can put someone off, then they simply need to level up on the internet. Because Animesuki is a very hospitable place for civil discussion, relative to others on the internet.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews