View Single Post
Old 2012-06-21, 07:13   Link #9712
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
On thing to note is that Namanie never showed her tongue tattoo did she?
So far the other two have, and they are confirmed as language users, I wonder what significance this has. After all, Namanie's style was also more straightforward than the other two's, from the outset it didn't really look like she's a language user (unless you count that ruki thing, but her style was the sword styles wasn't it?)
That is a very interesting point on the tongue thing. In regards to whether Namanie actually has some language "power", I do think that something we can point out is that Namanie's sword slashes only did the "cutting a whole helicopter/aircraft carrier in half" thing while she was chanting "rukiruki...". While she was fighting Zenkichi, Namanie didn't say anything and her swords basically seemed to function normally.

The other point to consider, of course, is that Namanie's the "weakest' Suitor. While we've got no real basis right now for making a guess regarding the nature of Namanie's power, one possibility I'm actually thinking of is "repetition". Basically, it's possible that Namanie has the ability to amplify the effects of a word only by saying it many times repeatedly. This would correspond to Namanie having the "weakest" ability because using that kind of style would take a ton of skill and/or preparation to be able to use in the heat of battle, and it's generally not very versatile.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote