View Single Post
Old 2012-02-26, 23:55   Link #2041
Vena
Carpe Diem

Its still a little early to delve into the writing evaluations in greater detail but I'd say we should keep our eye on what they do with Kagura and Zessica from here on out because we're likely to see the plot either pull off something brilliant or we're going to watch it trip and stumbled over the plot threads it created... either way, we'll be entertained.

It would be interesting if Zessica and Kagura defect to the respective other side... but, while this makes sense for the latter, I can't really wrap my head around why the former would do such a thing. The foreshadowing has been/was pointing at Mikono for a long time but I don't even know how that could happen at this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Perhaps Amata was born to Alisia on Altair, and his flashbacks aren't "Alisia leaving him (to go to Altair)" but instead "Alisia dropping him off (on Vega)"...
It makes the most sense as to his origin, to be honest. He knows the difference between animals, he has no family whatsoever to speak of and has lived alone his entire life, and Alicia is the patron goddess of Altair and the only character in his still rather mysterious background. There are too many *little details* that point to him not being from Vega for nothing to come of it.

Which brings us to an interesting question: Why does Altair have two possible Apollos? To which I have an answer~ish. Assume that Alicia is a descendant of the Sylvia line, then her child would be a descendant of the Shadow-Angels, giving Amata full capabilities in operating the machine angel and leaving Kagura to be the actual reincarnation while Amata is actually not a reincarnation at all but a descendant. Could go to explain why he has wings, but not why he doesn't smell like anything (for a simple line, it sure holds a lot meaning and mystery)... unless Kagura can't smell people from Altair for some reason? We've never seen him sniff anyone on Altair have we?

(If Amata is a descendant of Sylvia, and Mikono is Sylvia reincarnated... is that selfcest in some odd way? Also if Amata is from Altair and likewise for Kagura, then we have two guys from that one side and two girls on the other in Vega... seems awfully convenient. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
On serious note, why don't those Altair citizens just migrate to Vega? Almost of all them are bishi, and it will be super easy for them to get their "mate".
Simplest answer is because they cannot and that the same penalty applies to males as to females when going through the gate, and that Kagura and Jin are special (and the three stooges this episode got special protective make-up from Mykage to protect them). We've only seen unmanned drones for the nameless mooks. Given the limitations on remote control and how desperate they are, if they could all pilot robots and just fly through the portal, I'd imagine they would but the fact that they had remote models would imply that they cannot.