Thread: Licensed Jormungand
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-02, 12:25   Link #854
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
When it's raining cats and dogs and Kaspar treats his team to lunch at this small retaurant. Chiquita and the guys go for satay, curry mee (well, that's what the subs say, I suspect it's more properly Mee Bandung or Mee Jawa) and fried rice.

Kaspar goes for a tomato cheeseburger and what is said to be shaved ice, which to us Malaysians is called ABC - Air Batu Campur. (literally, Mixed Stone Water, or more properly, Mixed Ice. The pitfalls of a too-literal translation. )
We have an English term for ABC: it's shaved ice. Our style, of course.

Though it might be familiar to us (hello there fellow Malaysian), I can't help but think they're actually in Indonesia or something. Having a shop using terms like "Toko Pakaian" (Clothing Store) makes me think as such. ... Actually, nevermind, I saw that three-wheeled scooter, which is not a native vehicle on our roads it seems, so yeah....

They also have a restaurant specializing in Gulai (a dish cooked with a combination of coconut milk and saffron powder for those uninitiated) dishes across the street! And Durian is way too overrated famous to not see a mention.

Just to share some screenshots:

Spoiler for size perhaps:

Spoiler for size again:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2012-11-02 at 12:35.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote