View Single Post
Old 2006-08-21, 12:06   Link #291
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko
Is there anyone going to sit for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test in December?

I have studied in some weekend classes for about a year till July and has been self-studing since then. Still there is a way to go before I can reach the required level of passing level 2 of the exam. Now I am "forcing" myself to watch at least 2 episodes of anime a day. Hope that it will help in the listening section, the part that I am supposed to be the weakest in.
Not to sound pessimistic, or to be doubting your capacities, but I don't think you'd be able to pass level 2 with only one year of week-end classes...

Personnally, I've been willing to pass level 1 this year, but I think i'm gonna crash right into a big wall.

Actually, I think both watching subbed versions and raws can bring you something. On the other hand, Since I came to Japan, I've been watching movies in languages I don't know ( Korean, Chinese, etc...) subbed in Japanese and I can tell you it's an... exhausting exercise...

On the contrary, watching movies in your language ( as for me, french) subbed in Japanese can be interesting too. For instance, characters use very natural expressions in your language, you can read how a Japanese would translate that in the most natural way. Of course, it depends on the context, but it helps a lot as well, in my humble opinion.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote