View Single Post
Old 2009-07-25, 13:16   Link #246
DSDSSDWE
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its because there are alot of people who agree with me that's why I'm defending and sticking to my points.
You should defend and/or stick to your points because you think they make sense, not because many people are agreeing with them. Appeal to Popularity is a logical fallacy.

Quote:
You have been telling me that Ki is not will, but the dictionary tells us that the spirit which is what Ki is, is will.
Ehm, do you realize that "spirit" is just a word we made up to describe something that's not scientifically verifiable? Just like the concept of a "soul". Scientifically, they have no significance at all. I don't understand why we keep bringing in more terms and definitions when the focus is of will and the power of will as applicable in the OP universe? Can we go back to that?

Quote:
And why do we need to have control over its existance? And when did 'creating energy' ever came into the topic?
I'm pointing out to you that a person's will and the concept of energy as we know it, as described in your third link, are 2 completely different things.

Quote:
Does Ki exist? Of course it does. If it doesn't, what is yuuki(courage), honki(seriousness), genki(health) etc.? It is not something thats mystical and magical, it is just the way Asians view the emotions, mood and spirit of humans. If the concept is that easy to you, why can't you see that Ki does not control the mind or spirit or anything else. But instead Ki is the mind, spirit and will of the entire being.
Ki is just a term used to describe all kinds of stuff. In that sense, "Ki" exists. I don't see what this has to do with anything?

Quote:
When you are honki, you have a serious state of mind, when you have touki, you have a fighting spirit, the will to fight. When you have haki, you have an ambition, a will to reach for your goals and overcome all obstacles.

It is your belief and opinion that will is not equals to Ki and also that Ki is not equal in real life or in fiction that makes you disagree with me. I can't convince you if you do not want to believe in what its actual meanings are.
Its actual meanings differ depending on whether we view them from our reality or the reality of the OP universe. So I don't really care how its actual meanings are defined, because they are clearly applied differently in the OP universe.

Quote:
Courage, beauty, intelligence, happiness, sadness, Haki(ambition), it is the same words in real life or fiction. You can't seem to see that the words are the same in both real or fictional form, its only that in fiction it has greater effect.
Yes greater effect. In other words: it does something that goes beyond its meaning. Therefore, it's not the same thing anymore. Get it now? There is no acceptable definition of "will" out there that explains the happenings in the OP universe. As such, there is no reason to consider them to be the same thing.
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote