View Single Post
Old 2009-04-08, 02:02   Link #248
Spicy~Noodles
It's been a while....

Naruske said, "wow some of you guys seriously have too much time on your hands "

- I bet you have more free time than I do. I just prefer to work on my freetime.

I agree James, it's alright to share your personal views on his (Kishimoto) professional work. Nothing wrong with that, but why suggest an alternative? I will admit your knowledge of film theory seems far sharper than my own. I'm sure you did your homework.

Humans are critics by nature, but to critique something is to share your own thoughts and feelings in a discussion. To review it, I ask, what are we actually reviewing? The story as it is? Or are we reviewing the writer themself? Is it fair to review the writer and the choices they made? Is he up for trial? Or is the story up for trial?

In essence I feel its good we talk about the story more than the writer. It's offensive to discuss something that doesn't matter. It's hypothetical but, maybe the writers father had a stroke and he/she has been at the hospital all day, only to come back and rush the next chapter and not put in their best effort.

Is it not better (I'm not saying it's right) that we just talk about, why a character seemed to make a decision that was completely unnatural to them. As opposed to trying to critique the writer themself. Are we teaching him or are we having a discussion about his manga? I won't be an ass and start throwing out definations but we should think carefully about that.

As for watching a bad movie or reading a bad book, if you go through the first 100 pages and think it's terrible. That is about as much someone SHOULD say, "It's terrible, what a boring book." Still while it seems we should be able to bash the writer on this, we would always have to cite that we only read the first 100 pages. Since we aren't talking about the entire book since we don't know the rest of the story. To judge the author as a writer for his first 100 pages, isn't correct. "Never judge a book by it's cover." It's something we should keep in mind, and we can apply it in more than one way. You may not HAVE TO read the entire book, but you also ONLY judge that you have read. Not the author's ability. "Bad writing." that gets me good. If it's so bad, just go for better things. Works well in life, ^.^ Apply it to life, it will help you on your way towards happiness. If work is bad, go for better things. I'll have to think about what I wrote and edit later, as I have many things to do.

LOL I'm proving your point. Oh well. I'll talk more about this later.

Last edited by Spicy~Noodles; 2009-04-08 at 02:04. Reason: Naruske
Spicy~Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote