View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 13:06   Link #64
Maerskian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
I do agree with you there. One thing: the harem/ecchi elements are not the best thing about this show, and it gets worse. Near the middle I was close to thinking, "meh!" But they're actually setting up the story, and when the plot makes a comeback, it really makes a come back. Even the triangle makes sense. The ending is no surprise, but brilliantly executed (with a minor exception that I found easy to ignore). There was even a twist on the way which I didn't expect (something I've never seen in a ghost story before).
... afraid to say i'm exactly at the same point right now: just in the middle of this show, and about to give up ... think i'll just go on because we agreed on many points until now ... wondering about that oncoming twist ...

Quote:
But most of all I love what they did with light and shadow, scenic shots and music. I found the show very atmospheric.
That's precisely what i mean earlier: the Art direction basically is what actually helps swallow this show. Were it made the usual way ( plain & generic drawings + crappy/south korean cheap studio style animation + typical party/electronic/comedy music ) ... this wouldn't last more than 5 minutes
Maerskian is offline   Reply With Quote