Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-30, 19:05   Link #1834
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Isn't that blondie fighting?

We get a pretty clear distrinction between blondie and skatebor kid compared to average clansmen. Same with blues when it comes to Shimi and the pantyless women.
I don't think this was ever confirmed anywhere? Later on Yata does actually use his power on Kurou, and then has full-out fights with Fushimi, and nothing suggests that he's particularly weak. And there were scenes of people using their powers during the gang fight, on both sides... it's just the crowd scenes that were ridiculously unimaginative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Maybe the writers tried to show us the kings relationship through Fushimi/Yata: they were two close friends, but (red/blue) power divided them etc etc. Maybe the writers thought it could have been a smart way to characterize 4 characters at the cost of 2
Don't know if it makes sense, probably not
It seems to me it was basically for fanservice? The writers obviously know what kind of dynamics attract what kind of audience. There are some very blatantly "targeted" merchandise out there for these two. What I wonder about is why couldn't they do this with characters who were, you know, actually important to the plot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
There is a manga adaptation. By what I've read about it, it shows the relationship of all red gang clansmen. I'm assuming that involves their king too. I haven't read it, but if you're interested you might want to go skim though it.
Pretty much all of the supplementary materials deal with the Reds. There's a manga about Kurou's backstory and a novel about the Sexy Corps but as far as I know it's pretty much a standalone story from the POV of a mob character.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote