View Single Post
Old 2012-01-18, 18:51   Link #27145
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Yes, we do, because Piece!Erika is fully aware of the Meta-World and uses out-of-Game knowledge constantly. No other character on Rokkenjima can do this outside of a Fantasy scene.
The fact that piece!Erika sometimes seem aware of the meta world and of the meta knowledge cannot confirm she's always aware of what's going on there.
In that specifical istance is even more difficult as we don't know if Meta!Erika was present. She wasn't there when Meta!Battler witnessed the scene and, in the beginning, it was Bern that played with Lambda in the meta world and Bern likes to bully Erika.

Kanon and Shannon also have meta knowledge.
Piece!Battler has moments in which he seems to be connected to Meta!Battler following his directions and echoing his words as if the two were one and the same and moments in which he's completely disconnected by it.

So as far as I'm involved yours is just a theory with circumstancial evidence that clashes with circumstancial evidence she might not be aware of it.

From an objective point of view I'll say they both have a 50% possibility to be true or wrong and the sides of the scales are tipped merely due to our personal preferences.

Let's call it a draw...

Quote:
Erika also has superhuman senses and other abilities that Battler was not afforded, such as the ability to invoke Red Truth on the Gameboard in order to control the actions of other Pieces.
Wait, can you tell me what are you talking about? Because I remember in the trial she had to prove all her red truths with human means...

Quote:
Evidence and Proof are different concepts. Proof is absolute and certain; Evidence just strongly suggests it. (An example of evidence would be something like finding a tattered piece of someone's clothing covered in blood. Evidence that something bad happened to them but not PROOF).
Then I gave you evidence how it's possible piece!Erika worked in a certain way.

Quote:
Yea, and no one comments on Jessica being blonde, either. The appearances of the characters don't actually matter and effectively do not exist within the narrative unless it becomes important. Hell, Ryukishi has even said in an interview that characters don't drip wet when they come in from the rain because it "Wasn't important."
Well, maybe it's just a personal opinion but I deem pretty important the fact that Shannon and Kanon have exectly the same face. But yes, Ryukishi has a odd idea about what's important and what's not. Evidently realism isn't included in the important things... -_- ... though I seem to remember he also said Umineko is a logic game... and sometimes logic games can care less about realism...
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote