Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 23:37   Link #8456
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Of course, while the storyline may play a role in the "who Negi ends up with" ordeal, the main reason why some people don't want this included in the canon can be summed up into two big points:
ahem, you sure the only reason you don't like the Negima ending is not because Nodoka is not IT?

there are always "purpose" behind a story arc, for the festival it is Negi's partner and further define Negi's relationship with some of the girls, not a final solution, but rather a tease for Negima 2, in that regard, it did its job brilliantly, all the fandom can talk about is "who will end up with Negi?"

Quote:
1. This is pretty much a major case of Character Derailment and "Idiot Ball Done Wrong", as this whole thing is initially over a character not realizing that most of the students kissed Negi because that's pretty much the quickest way to make a Pactio, with numerous students that should know better (i.e. Kaede and Setsuna) assisting the class in their torture of Negi.
ah, I don't see you complain when in the Kyoto arc in the inn the students were pretty much doing the same thing, could it be because Nodoka won that one?

Quote:
2. The story itself ends up becoming a huge mess once the students plot to force Negi into revealing which girl he likes, as if Ken Akamatsu wanted to ensure that we get a time skip to graduation by the end of the milestone 350th chapter.
you yourself just explain why Ken did that, it had to be set as the BAIT for us to remain interest, remember, Ken knew he was ending Negima soon, so my argument is the sports festival is something that had to be done the way it is, and Ken did a very good job pulling it off, it serves all HIS PURPOSES, just to see how many people respond to a POSSIBLE RETURN of the manga is proof enough I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
No offense, Hata, but it looks to me like you're pretending your word is law when in fact you're mostly extrapolating on your own guesses and estimations on the manga's ending.
1. you have to face the fact not all the people agree with your views, in fact, you just told me so,
2. I made many predictions for Negima, more often wrong than right, but again, I think on average I can say "I told you so" more than most, here or anywhere. of course, even that is up to debate, but I put my words out there, you can of course come back and laugh at me later when it is wrong, I just don't see too many people come back and acknowledge it when my shots come true, if this my preemptive strike style bugs you, ignore me and move on. because I write by logic and disdain fandom emotional outburst, while my logic may falter my writing style is not gonna change, no matter where I post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
The final arc to beat Lifemaker should be a huge event by itself, not to mention all the class roster stuff and the unseen Pactios.
nobody says the dealing with LM is unimportant, BUT THE FINAL OUTCOME IS NOT GONNA CHANGE, Negi will beat LM, I am talking what MIGHT change in a new Negima series. like I say, all those marked on the school rosters are facts already happened IN THE TIMELINE WE ARE READING, the only way Ken can change it is by creating another timeline with a time traveling backward, then it will no longer be THE timeline we are reading, etc.

Last edited by Hata; 2012-05-19 at 02:53.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote