View Single Post
Old 2012-01-01, 14:57   Link #26799
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
It's just random speculation, but what if they do not realize that Beatrice is Shannon?? Like, they meet Yasu in a really convincing Beatrice costume and believe her to be a 19th person.
Well then they're written into a story to be incredibly stupid. Also they're aware of Shkanon, but not that Shkanon is also Beatrice? That doesn't bother them in any way?

It's just really bad writing on Meta-Beatrice's part. I mean it sort of sums up as akin to:

"My plan will be to get everything planned out in advance, even though I have no way of knowing exactly how this will work out ahead of time. I'll bribe any and all accomplices and assure them that it's a fake murder game, but I'll also threaten them so they know I'm willing and able to commit real murder because I know this won't motivate them to suspect me in any way of exploiting my own 'game.' With their willing participation I'll make absolutely sure that everything goes perfectly for me up to and including killing five or more perfectly healthy adults without anyone being able to properly struggle or stop me. Then I'll arrange a series of murders that include having to fake-kill myself multiple times and then real-kill myself. However, I am confident that at no time will anyone I'm not watching over and controlling accidentally stumble upon me doing stuff, nor will my coerced co-conspirators even consider flipping on me out of fear for their safety or the safety of others or simply to screw me over out of spite or greed, especially during those moments where I will have absolutely no control over them or any leverage. And nobody will just run away in a panic into the woods or anything."

As a murder story it comes together without plot holes, but as a well-planned narrative it stretches plausibility even for its own genre.

EDIT: And I should point out, a plan going awry and then being fixed or improvised on by the culprit makes for a more interesting and exciting mystery, and makes the culprit more interesting and credible. If Piece-Beatrice has bad or wildly unpredictable plans, then she should be written in such a way that she is good at adapting them. An example of this would be if it turned out Hideyoshi and Eva were not being good accomplices in Legend and had to quickly be killed off before they tried to turn on Beatrice, and then incorporated into the plan. That way we'd at least see how good Beatrice is at adapting to her coercive methods not always working perfectly.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error

Last edited by Renall; 2012-01-01 at 15:08.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote