View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 11:17   Link #215
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbaba View Post
About the novels by the way: I heard some rumors after the pre-screening of those two episodes in Japan that Urobochi considered letting them get an US release. Don't know any details about that and what the publisher is thinking, but I would really appreciate it if the LNs were buyable in english language.
It was Sakuracon in Seattle, not Japan, where he said that. From what I read about the interview, they (he and one of the guys with him, not sure who he was exactly) said that they wouldn't allow it in the US for two reasons. One, they thought the US market for this sort of thing was non-existent, and two they didn't want to release the prequel when the original wasn't released.

They no longer believe number one to be true after visiting a Barnes and Noble and seeing how many manga and light novels there were (I guess they were expecting it to be just one of those spinning racks you sometimes find comics on, but instead found an entire section for them). And they're rethinking number two because of how much fan fervor there is from the anime. I think he even alluded to maybe trying to get FSN published (likely the Realta Nua version, if I had to hazard a likely guess) so the entire story was available.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote