View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 23:09   Link #1201
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Teru was captain in the previous year's Group tournament.
Ryuumonbuchi didn't even make it to the finals in the previous year's tournament. There's no actual reference in the manga to Teru and Koromo having ever played against each other--I believe the one statement mentioning the both of them said by an announcer in one chapter some time ago was a mistranslation.

For the record, here's what we know about Ryuumonbuchi's performance the previous year: they made it up to the semi-finals, but got stopped by Rinkai in the Vice-Captain round. Ryuumonbuchi were in third when Touka awakened into her "Cold Touka" mode/ability, freaking the player in Rinkai's Vice-Captain spot, Megan Davin, out; enough so that she purposely knocked out the school in last place (i.e. taking them below zero, and ending the match) to halt her rampage. Koromo, accordingly, didn't even get to play.

I personally think Koromo would make a good match for Teru. At least, even considering any other "monsters" we've seen since the prefectural finals, Koromo still seems the closest to Teru to me in terms of sheer dominance over the board, and aura.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote