View Single Post
Old 2011-02-21, 10:40   Link #529
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I think only question no.4 is the only one that feel concrete enough to lean towards, since I think what MGs do with their newfound power is something that is completely within the judgment of the contractees to decide. The contractees have inalienable right to their own personal views and judgments, and how they manifest their views to be is perhaps sufficiently solid of an indicator on the merits or faults to those actions.

My feelings over no.3, on higher degree of culpability for the fucked up shit the MGs have gotten themselves into is complicated by how much would I weigh on the ability for 14 years old to judge for themselves and be held accountable for their own actions. In truth, I think it may be an affront to one's own faculty to place all the blame onto Kyubey. I am, as such, undecided.

The methods of Kyuubee being justifiable or not becomes irrelevant if one rejects the notion of morals and ethics. No.2 is something that I have invested time into over the Kyuubee thread to discuss, and it will be repetitive to duplicate them here. No.1 as such has to do with whether the potential of saving lives that aren't even aware of this conflict and as such has never authorized anyone into protecting them... and whether or not if saving lives is all that desirable. That I also did not discuss here.

I am straying from episode 7 discussion since the crux of the matter now should not be discussed in the scope of the episodic discussion. Pardon me for the reminder.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote