View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 10:28   Link #31
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Wonder how many jobs they'll have in the game and if they'll balance them for perhaps the first time ever. There's still some jobs I've never used in FF3/FF5/FFT cause there's just no situation in which they are useful or another job did what you needed better.
It looks like there will be 24 in total.

For job balance, I'm expecting there will still probably be some useless gimmick ones. I'm hoping that overall balance will atleast be like either FFV or X-2 in that regard as every class outside 2 or 3 had their uses. I'm also very happy that the Devs using FFT's auxiliary system where you could mix passive abilities from different classes to iron-out weakness or overpower a primary job.

It also seems "Dual Wield" is a innate ability now that every Job has access to. Wonder what the means for "Ninja" since this was the main reason to touch that class.

Quote:
This continues to sound more and more like the game I've been waiting on from Square that takes things back a little more to how they used to be. I'm really loving the whole art design of the game that looks like a cross between FFIII and IX. Everything about the game that I've seen so far just screams pre-PS2 era Final Fantasy. If this comes out here it might be something I'll pick up alongside my 3DS and Fire Emblem: Awakening so I'll have more than the latter to play
I think what also helps in this case is the return World Map that pretty nearly every modern RPG has abandoned for either fields or point n' click ones.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote