View Single Post
Old 2011-12-07, 23:06   Link #810
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Have you watched Steins;Gate? I can't speak for how well it adapted the original VN, but it was an awesome anime. It proved that White Fox can make a good anime out of a VN. In fact, White Fox animated the OP for Key's Rewrite, which may signify a possible anime adaptation by them in the future.

A lesser but still good anime based off a VN that I've seen is Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, adapted by Bee Train.
I watched S;G. It was good, but lack the third phase of creating an art (some people call it "style", some others call it "shape"). So, S;G do have a good story but mediocre direction.

And no, no Bee Train please. As you see, we (fussy anime watchers) are sometime takes the visual and animation department really strictly. And obviously, Bee Train is not an expert in that sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Agreed. I find it annoying how KyoAni is constantly blamed for Kadokawa's audacious decisions, to the extent that KyoAni is considered by some to be a "troll studio".
KyoAni is a troll studio. They given something as superficial as a 4koma manga, and getting a Blockbuster with it. Do you know how painful is that to any other studios which struggle in getting high quality materials for their next-big-thing-project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Agreed, if KyoAni is unavailable for doing the next KEY adaptation then White Fox and Bee Train would be excelent second choices in my book.
Thats what I mean by "animate it with whatever studios you find"