View Single Post
Old 2010-08-18, 21:50   Link #23
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I got sick of fast food over the years. I agree, home cooking ftw. Quick Service restaurants are a significant step up from fast food, at least (for example, Panera Bread, Au Bon Pain, and Chipolte).

But home cooking is great. It isn't hard to become an acceptable cook, you could say. You don't have to become a chef to be able to do good home cooking. Earlier this year I stopped eating out from fast food places and the like almost completely. It was a drastic cut back. I did this to save money, and I ended up losing ten or so pounds in the process! I also drink less soda. Something that is good is to buy some fruit juice that has sugar and no HFCS, and then buy bottles of seltzer (I go with orange flavored seltzer) and mix them half and half in a cup. Kind of like drinking soda, but no HFCS and less calories. And it tastes good.

Recently I made stuffed cabbage. Came out really good. When it is fall time, I'll be sure to make more of this vegetable soup that I make that is great tasting. I'm starting to become a decent cook and I want to continue to get better.