View Single Post
Old 2012-08-08, 07:55   Link #85
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The only "catch" is that, whatever leverage he has over her would have to have been strong enough to overcome the sound defeat she just witnessed. But I myself said that I didn't think Taku and Haru had really thought it through other than "we'll give him a lesson and 'make him' give Haru his wings back". There's absolutely no reason Noumi would ever agree to that in the first place; he can just say "no thanks" and keep on making them fight over and over (while he gets allies/reinforcements or learns new tricks to defeat them). Winning one battle doesn't amount to winning the war. Perhaps giving in to his threats for now is a way for Chiyu to extend the status quo until they come up with a real plan to defeat him in real life, not just the game.
Unless there are more who uses the same hiding program Noumi has, it is unlikely he gets reinforcement. They are connected to their school network, which outsides can't connect into.

Noumi uses burst points to improve his grades, so Taku's 'plan' was more or less possible, given Taku can actually beat Noumi 1v1.
All the points Noumi accumulated by duelling using Haru's wings would be taken by Taku, so there is no real gain by keeping the wings.
But since Taku can't beat him, he is a point machine for Noumi, not to mention the points used to actually catch him are quite a lot. If Noumi doesn't accelerate, Taku would waste points, so before long he would run out.