View Single Post
Old 2009-08-25, 14:30   Link #1061
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
vampire knight should end since the last arc end (can't remember chapter,48 or 49 maybe)
After that vampire knight turn from wonderful shoujo to typical shoujo.
mangaupdates.com monthly/3/6 month Position for VK and first page user comments proof that well. (weekly pos up cause by new chapter out)
Actually I think the past few chapter have been some of the best content wise on characters. We have a lot of build up towards this reunion and I think the tension and drama are at epic levels. The typical shoujo would have ended at the last arc when the girl gets her "dream man" but I honestly think that if it actually did then we'd have seen a much different outcome. As long as the series keeps up with the quality storytelling it's going to be an enjoyable read.

Mangaupdates position should be fairly obvious why its like that. The Anime would attract a lot more people to visit the site to look up the manga when it was ongoing. Most big fans of VK probably wouldn't even use it nowadays to track it since all you'd have to do was go to Sagakure's livejournal or your average on-line manga reader which all keep track of it. This is also not in anyway an indication of quality which I feel VK is currently at its best and it still is the most popular Shoujo out there.