View Single Post
Old 2012-05-12, 06:25   Link #54
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Now you are even defining the meaning of the word "immune" or something like that, that has nothing to do with what my initial post to which you replied. Just to remind myself and you:
"now we know that Kabuto is so strong that he can easly stand against all known MS jutsu including any already known genjutsu"
""working his way around them" is practically the same as being immune to those."
So first thing is: based on this fight (and we can have no other facts than this fight) the ones who had difficulty are the Uchiha brothers and not Kabuto. In a 1on1 fight both of them would have already lost. They keep saving each other.
The other thing: i didn't say immune, i compared this to imunity, using the word "practically" which here means this battle and not any other situation which one my think of.
Now this becomes stupid, I do not define the meaning of the word, the dictionary does that and you might want to take a look at it because "practically" doesn't mean what you seem to think it does either.
Your original claim was that Kabuto had become so powerful that he could stand against all MS jutsu and that he was practically immune to them and you then came with the particulary ill chosen example of the 4th Raikage being immune to Amaterasu. That is blatantly false, Kabuto doesn't have the strength to survive a hit from the sword of Totsuka nor can his body shrug off a Kagutsuchi sword to name two.
Itachi and Sasuke are completely on the defensive waiting for Izanami to be ready not because their attacks wouldn't work on Kabuto but because landing a killing blow on him goes against their purpose for being here. What make Kabuto safe from most of their offensive power isn't his own strength, it's the fact they don't want to kill him.

Quote:
The manga doesn't say so, your guess is just as good as mine. But i agree that Tobi could realized that both the Edo-Tensei army and Kabuto's ability to power up the Zetsu-army were very valueable to him. On the other hand Tobi took a huge risk by not killing Kabuto, because he knows Kabuto will betray him, and if it happens at a critical time then he can lose everything because of that. If it was not for Itachi right now Sasuke would be already taken by Kabuto.
Yes it does. When Tobi met Kabuto his first move was to attack him, the first thing that gave him pause was the sight of the undead Akatsuki and what definitively changed his mind was Edo-Madara's coffin. Tobi openly explained why he would agree to a truce for the time being : open conflict between them meant too much damage to his fighting force before the war had began. There was two entire chapters devoted to this maybe you missed tem.
Oh and without Itachi Sasuke wouldn't be there in the first place so the point is moot.

Quote:
I can have just as good assumptions for that scenario. If not for Kabuto Tobi's Zetsu-army would be much weaker. Even this upgraded Zetsu army was pathetic, i complained about this back then: it seemed that it were only Kabuto's Edo Tensei zombies that mattered in the war, the Zetsus were always in some kind of support role. If Tobi went to the Turtle-island he would have to fight a lot of people, Oonoki is one of the strongest kages, and there were other strong guys there. The kages could also teleport there, as they did teleport to Edo-Madara. Kyuubi could have helped Naruto sooner. A surprise attack just means more noname-ninja and civilian casualites, but that would be just a non-upgraded Zetsu army. Tobi wouldn't have collected a little part of 9-tails chakra.
You can make assumptions yes, but I don't find them to be just as good, let's enumerate a few reasons why :
  • Remove Kabuto from the equation and the first time the Alliance hears about the existence of a Zetsu army is when they emerge from the ground in a surprise attack
  • The manga focused on named Edo (and nearly all of them were taken out without much casualty) of course but a good part of 40 thousands Alliance troups died off screen against the 100k Zetsus.
  • If Tobi takes on Naruto immediately, Naruto can't go on the battlefield and the Alliance is powerless against the disguised Zetsus at night
  • The whole 4th world war is nothing but a diversion anyway, Tobi going to the Turtle-island doesn't have to fight a lot of people, he'd just teleport there before Oonoki even arrived and way before Naruto learned how to use Kyubi-mode, how to use his new-found speed and before being in speaking term with the Kyubi. The only thing Tobi required to win and conquer the world was to litteraly lay his hand on Naruto and Bee and at this point Naruto wasn't powerful enough to stop that from happening.

Quote:
The war was already started, the alliance would have thought that it was Tobi, and even if they didn't they would still use most of their forces to find and kill Tobi. Kabuto would only have to hide and wait until they are done with Tobi.
The Alliance knew nothing of Tobi's location before Kabuto gave it to them and the location itself means nothing if Tobi decides he doesn't have to bother with them since they don't have the Jinchuuriki anymore. He simply goes after Kabuto with the entire Zetsu army travelling underground. Thinking about it 'd have probably prefered that, a three-way battle could have been more entertaining.

Quote:
So did Kabuto, most of his impressive zombie army is gone. Considering their performance in this war and that a zombie army can be hidden perfectly (by unsummoning them) and doesn't require any repairing or maintenance, compared to the Zetsu-army that Madara lost, i think Kabuto's loss is greater than Madara's.
Greater than Tobi's you mean and without Edo-Madara I'd agree and in fact quantitatively speaking you're correct but as long as his trump card is available to him Kabuto is still in a position of strength.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote