View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 17:43   Link #22
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
But ... but Howard dogeza'd!!!! Hahaha, but I do agree with you.
Tripel Axel no less.....has he been...ice skating!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Yup, Nana Mizuki. I wouldn't mind having the entire Dog Days cast in here actually (and it's slowly looking like that way); it is definitely possible to get S4, but Bandai and ASCII Media Works are definitely not giving this as much money as Gundam or Accel world for obvious reasons (merchandise + anniversary). The revenue generated from late night anime is not really a main source for Sunrise (I mean Phi Brain got season 2 because it was pretty popular with kids and that was cheaper to produce and they get way better ads revenue because of the time slot). The fact that one twitter comment said Horizon ended up with the newbie key animators and Accel have the veteran ones show the lower budget.

In retrospective, 2 seasons are likely planned from the beginning, so I'm not sure how willing they'll continue to animate this because for one Kawakami's novels aren't exactly getting HUGEEE boosts in sales (though there is that one ad that showed the total shipment figure doubled or tripled I forget which one) compare to say Hyouka and Durarara etc. Unless the sales end up higher than season 1, which has nearly 25k vol1 and an average of 21k, I don't see why they would want to continue making this besides that they LOVE this series (which is also true).

TL;DR: Yeah they can but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, apparently those twitter comments are on the Q+A and they have been since season 1, I totally forgot about them being there. http://www18.atwiki.jp/senesis/pages/80.html <--- episode 3's Q+A's updated and I lol'ed like crazy at how long it is. Have fun translating Zero! (just translate the 一行で and be done with it (Ő‿Ő✿))
And yet Horizon consistenly hits higher quality than AW despite the lower budget.....

It's sad really if they stopped. I won't be surprised if Horizon tops the sales rankings again this season.