View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 15:29   Link #28693
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
I wouldn't say she "disliked" it since she would probably have enjoyed having children, but she couldn't have fulfilled it because it wouldn't be right. She doesn't love George, she loves Battler, and there's nothing worse in a relationship than having children with a person you don't really like.
I think she loved George, thought not as much as she loved/believed to love Battler.
An interesting point in EP 7 is that it shows a Yasu seems to desperately need some kindness.

Quote:
"Ah, where is this place?! And who am I?!
"Then let me ask! Where do you want it to be? Who do you want to be?!"
"Any place, so long as it will wrap itself around me gently! Anyone, so long as I am treated kindly!"
"Yes, for us...!"
"For us...!"
""Where and who we are hardly matters!!""
George was kind with her, filling a need Yasu had and winning, if not her total and unconditional love, a god deal of her affection. Probably, if Battler hadn't been back, she would have never questioned her love for George.
And Ryukishi07 himself implied she had feelings for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
My main problem with this claim is that the Love Duel never read to me like that at all. It really does seem like Battler was always the choice and George is just a consolation prize, and that she can never really get over her hangup regardless of what she says about George.
My main problem is that Lion doesn't seem to be crushing over Battler or George (though Lion sayshe/she has a good relation with Battler). So, unless Lion is hiding his/her feeling, the fact that Battler is the best choice for Yasu is just due to the setting Yasu is in.

Though in regards to George/Battler, I think the problem was that for George she felt strong affection, not love, and that she had spent 6 years idealizing her love for Battler. Out of sheer luck (or due to serious misfortune) when Battler comes back after 6 years, he still fits her ideal.
However in those 6 years Battler might have changed so much she couldn't have been capable to stand the sign of him.
So maybe Yasu is right and fate REALLY hates her.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote