View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 10:45   Link #966
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Hence the domination of the "two word talking points". Fact checkers right now look into what Romney had said - and to no surprise - most of it is garbage. Regardless, these debates is all about making impressions, as most people do not even pay attention to the regular election cycle OR people are already encamped towards one candidate or the other.

At 20 minutes in, I'm already tuning out; and at the first 2-minute answer, I already thought: "Oh look. Romney is saying BS again".
Yeah well it's funny that many polls I've looked at about what the debate did for the candidates are overwhelming dominated by the "position did not change" option with Romney as the next choice for most likely to vote for. So yeah it's pretty well terrible and an embarrassment and I'm still pretty sure China is laughing at North America right now while actually hammering out real plausible plans on how to take advantage of the situation economically post-election.

I still think that the shift to China as the economic center of the world is actually going to take place sooner now rather than later. I look at them and I see a functioning proactive and most importantly united government that their people respect if fear somewhat and I look at the U.S and see total dysfunction and a public that could give less of a shit about what they are trying to do cause of the deadlock that has been the last decade and whom they fear possibly more than the Chinese fear theirs. Both governments are oppressive, it's just one is actually working and getting shit done.