Thread: Tsundere
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-18, 23:04   Link #52
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba
Well, I more see myself as just being a bit strict with them, I guess? I'm not their girlfriend, and I don't want them to think they can get away with stupid stuff around me, that's all. But at the same time, I care about my friends a lot and if they were hurt, or having a problem, I'd definitely listen to them and let them cry if they wanted. I want to do my best just like anyone else.
Heh fair enough. So then under that description, I'd have to say that only one of my female friends exhibit similar qualities (all my other female firends seem to be more of the genki type ). I guess she could be considered bitchy/strict but I find her fun . She mixes in scathing sarcasm in her words sometimes that can really only be discovered if a response with the same level of sarcasm is offered. There's definately a degree of unpredictability in chatting with her. However she does care a bout her friends and would go out of her way to help them.

I question the practicality of comparing a real person to a fictional archetype though - especially the dere side. Given the female's maternal instincts, wouldn't the dere side just be something present in all women?
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote